Sunday, September 16, 2007

More about that indigo

I was able to get more information about the question I had about the indigo not washing out as I was accustomed to. I thought maybe it was the addition of the hide glue but even though the hide glue protects protein fibers it wasn't the reason for the dye not washing out as much. The reason the dye set so well was the plain fact that the quality of indigo used was outstanding! The dye came from a company run by Michele Wipplinger in Seattle, Washington. The name of her company is Earthues. Michele is a master dyer and a wealth of information on the subject. If you are ever interested in learning natural dyeing check her website to see if and when she will be teaching a workshop! I will add her website address to my links.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

quality always shgines through.
Joanne