Monday, June 30, 2008

working with vintage fabrics


I posted some pictures a while back of a "wayward threads" stole I had laid out using two panels with Battenburg lace on them that I indigo dyed. I also indigo dyed some silk ribbons and other laces to incorporate with new yarns and ribbons I didn't dye. I finished this a few weeks ago but just now found time to photograph and post. So here is the stole. I really like using the vintage fabrics! I have also made a smaller scarf using some old bark cloth curtains that I ripped into strips and I dyed some silk ribbons to go with it. I will be making several of these to take to Art Unraveled in August for my vendor booth.

I hope to put some on my Etsy shop in a few weeks but today I'm leaving town until Wednesday evening.










3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Beautiful!

Joanne

Anonymous said...

this is just stunning!
I look forward to meeting you at Art Unraveled.
shirley

Kathy McElroy said...

Beautiful. Blue is my favorite color. This is stunning!