Monday, May 25, 2009

The Garden ~ A Work in Progress



Laying out grounds may be considered a liberal art, in some sort like poetry and painting.

~ Wordsworth



The garden path is completed, the seeds are sprouting, and seedlings rising up to soon proclaim their bounty.

I remember a story I read to my kids over and over of Toad and Frog in the Garden. Toad planted seeds and would not leave the garden while he waited for the seeds to sprout. He became very impatient thinking they should poke through the ground immediately and he fretted over what was wrong. He watered, and in the end even sang to the seeds trying to get them to grow.

Planting a garden is work but it's contemplative work. Then you wait for the harvest. Of course during that wait you have to weed a lot and water and sometimes fight with the pests.

Here are pictures of green bean plants, tomatoes, gourd seedlings, squash, and the last blooms of the bearded iris. I think I snuck a picture of one of my cats in there, it would be Moo lazing in the sunshine.


3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

lovely garden path...and Moo looks as beautiful as the iris.

Joanne

Fran Saperstein said...

beautiful garden! you definitely have a green thumb. Looking forward to seeing you in August!

jackie said...

I love your neat garden frames and pathways - so tidy! It's fun to see the fruit of your labor!