Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays approaching and the New Year


My big announcement is the upcoming museum show I will be exhibiting at along with my friend Sharon Kilfoyle in January 2010. This is to be at the Margaret Harwell Art Museum in my hometown of Poplar Bluff, Mo. The show opens on Jan. 1 but Sharon and I are planning to be at the museum on Sat. Jan. 9th for a trunk show and sale of our wearables from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Toward the end of Dec. invites will be mailed but it's open to the public and anyone is welcome. If you live in the area please stop by to see us!!

The museum is a lovely old historical house on the still brick paved Main street of town. When Mrs. Harwell died in 1977, she left a part of her estate to the City of Poplar Bluff to establish a center for art classes and exhibits. In 1978, an Arts and Museum Advisory Board was formed to take on the task. In 1980, the city purchased the J.L. Dalton home, itself rich in local history and architecture, to house the museum. The Margaret Harwell Art Museum opened to the public in November 1981.




Every year for the last ten (?) I have participated in the Bargetto Winery Christmas in the Cellars art show. But this year I opted out to rest. I know several artists who will be there and I highly recommend you go to buy the special handmade items for presents and for yourself.

ART IN THE CELLARS
BARGETTO WINERY Cellars
Saturday & Sunday, December 5 & 6, 2009
11:00am - 5:00pm
BARGETTO WINERY's annual Art in the Cellars art show and wine tasting in our cellars in Soquel, CA. Purchase a commemorative glass and receive complimentary wine tastings while browsing art.

I have placed some of my wares at the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center's "Gift of Art" show. Follow the link for all the details including hours that the gallery is open.

Or check out my etsy shop. BUT remember I won't be back until Dec. 13th so I wouldn't mail anything until the 14th but that's still time to get before Christmas.

I hope you keep artists in mind when buying presents, for many it's our livelihood, or you could go to the mall?

I'm heading to Kauai on Thursday for ten days with my husband. I hope to relax, walk, swim, drink a mai tai or two, see dear friends, and what ever calls me.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

You so deserve an art exhibit - I hope it goes beautifully and I'm going to try to schedule my time at Cape to fit in. Have a great time in Hawaii.