Here are some pics of more dyeing I've been busy with.
These pieces were dyed by using diluted ammonia and a piece of copper pipe. Look at the fabulous blue gray colors! The doily is cotton, the ribbon strip is silk noil and the little flowerette I made is silk organza.
Results from immersion dyeing in eucalyptus bath. A very pretty dusty pink.
Silk charmeuse and silk organza were wrapped around an iron pipe with string to get the shibori effect. Organza doesn't take dye as well and because it's stiff it doesn't conform to the pipe so I got a polka dot effect. I spritzed the pieces with vinegar which aids in helping the iron rust and the rust adheres to the fabric. It's just like magic!