I have a need to make an explanation since you all are asking for photos of finished projects from the retreat. Well it seems that DJ and I were over zealous in what we presented to the group. It was a lot, maybe too much! Joanne and Kate came the closest (I think) to getting the book finished.
The first day of dyeing I realized somewhere around 5:00 pm that I had put way too much fabric in the packets. I left around 6:30 and there were still some who were busily working. I went and took a hot bath and relaxed a bit and then walked back after dark and there were STILL some frantically dyeing in the dark, not even seeing what colors they had chosen! I have labeled those people "dyemongers"!
The second day we were (I participated too) a bit nervous thinking DJ could actually teach us to paint. It was intense but we all were amazed at what we could do. WOW, did I paint that?? But most of us got a couple of paintings done for the book. We didn't get further since we were so immersed in the paint.
The third day was the booking making day. I was busy getting lunch and cleaning up a bit I didn't work on making a book. It seems most people got the structure put together and began choosing what they wanted to go together for their books and cover.
The last day was a half day and we had intended to go on a field trip but those who showed up wanted to continue working on the book.
I too am anxious to see the results when they get finished or even the pages as they get done! If and when I accomplish putting one together is yet to be seen. I have some "wayward threads" orders to fill and then make inventory for a May show coming up and restocking the galleries.
Here's one of the paintings I created
This is the picture I painted that I'm holding above up close.
This is my other picture I painted of an Island Girl. I think I need to work on the face a bit but not having painted before with this medium I'm afraid to add more paint in case I mess it up.