Monday, April 23, 2007

SoulCollage

Yesterday I took a SoulCollage® workshop with Ria Viramontes and Rooni Bissonette . You can read more about this process at Seena Frost's website http://www.soulcollage.com/home/index.php
I had a lot of fun making the cards and find myself wanting to cut and paste this morning but I need to go to my studio and dye scarves and finish some fabric collages I'm making for an upcoming May Day show and to send to galleries to restock. Here are the cards I made yesterday:

(To answer Joannes' question she asked in the Comments)

The cards are to be part of a Tarot like deck. It was interesting because most people only made two or three cards and one person didn't make any but spent a lot of time diligently reviewing images and cutting. I made six cards but didn't stop to "plan" what the cards were to be about. I need to visit with them to discover what they mean to me and which suit they belong in. I need to buy the book to help myself with this part or take a continuing workshop for that but to be honest I just had plain fun and creative juices flowing in creating the cards!













9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorri, I love these cards. Do you use them like Tarot cards?

Joanne

Lorri Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sometimes making little pieces like this without over-thinking the process leads to a creative breakthrough in other areas. Thanks for sharing!
~Sharon

Karen Campbell said...

These are really cool, Lorri! The one toward the bottom has a Native American feel.

Aileen said...

Great symbolism in your cards Lorri! I had the book and played around a bit with it. Please let us know if you get anymore finished I'd love to see the rest :-)

GreenishLady said...

What wonderful energies in these SoulCollage cards. I am particularly drawn to that last card, too.

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I'm looking forward to hearing your discoveries as to their meaning for you. The one with the 'sable wing' ... It looks like the lady is ready to jump off a mountain and reminds me of the quote "Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down".

sister jan

Kathy McElroy said...

I love seeing your soul collage cards. I'm sure they have some deep meaning hidden in them somewhere. I read the book last year and meant to make some cards, but never got around to it. You have inpired me to give it a try. I love nothing better than cutting images out of magazines. Thanks so sharing.
~k~

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the collages, you have a very unique style
Ro