Sunday, August 17, 2008

About my Garden .............

When I left for Phoenix I said I would fret about my garden getting taken care of and I did worry a bit as I drove along the desert highways with all those truckers out there in 110 degree heat (thank you for air conditioned cars). But my son Tony was very good about taking care of it. I did have a bean stock fall over from the weight being too much for the bamboo poles that snapped. The bowl of bounty I picked today is waiting for me to make into salsa.




I have a refrigerator full of zucchini (I'm sure you're suprised!) and cucumbers. The melons are on the vines waiting to ripen and all is well. Remember the children's story of Frog and Toad where Toad sits in his garden every night waiting for the seeds to grow? That's how I feel about these melons, how long do I have to wait before they're ripe? How do you know?

After my long trip away I realize I did not take one picture when I was in Sedona. The place was so beautiful I just soaked it up and didn't even think about unpacking the bag with my camera in it. Jan took me to Jerome, an old ghost mining town where there are a lot of artist types and some very cool shops. It was amazing though the only thing we bought was food?! A first I think.

Here are the pictures from my Wayward Threads class I taught the last day of Art Unraveled. And then I'm off to make that salsa.








4 comments:

Angie in AZ said...

Yum! What time's dinner?!

Anonymous said...

All your students have such big smiles on their faces. A telltale sign that the class was a success and each one quite pleased with her creation.

Now, will you can some of that salsa and send to me? Or some of those excess cucumbers?

jan

robin dudley-howes said...

HI Lori

Really love all the work your students did and your dyed fibers and ribbons. So beautiful.

Robin

Joanne Huffman said...

yummy...salsa! And the pictures from the class look great. You taught very well and we all made beautiful shawls.

Joanne