Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fiber Art Kits on Etsy


I began putting these fiber kits together to sell at art retreats where altered artist of all kinds attend, quilters, painters, altered book artists, etc. I use items I've collected over the years, fabric remnants from my handwoven garments and dyed silks, end pieces of laces I've collected, old buttons, just about anything related to fiber art.

I am now listing them on Etsy to see how they sell online. Have a look and let me know what you think.

I have some items a few "Diva's" made for me so I can show just what in the world can be done with these kits. Altered Art Diva's is a Yahoo group I belong to and thus this is where I found my diva's! I had pictures of those items on a different camera that is no longer so I need to retake some photos and will do that later and then post the wonderful items they created!

I've taken the photos and included pictures of the kit before these women got their hands on them. Sorry the kits were bagged when I took photos so you see a little shine.



Connie and her vivid imagination creates a cool and eclectic eyeball purse with the kit she chose, included the pink funky fur fringe that for some reason doesn't show up in the photo of the kit.





Fran created this bag that perfectly fits a cell phone, credit card, cash, and lip gloss. What else does one need??





Cat made this fabulously intricate quilted fabric scene!




Angela made this very sweet journal cover. I really couldn't imagine how she would fit all this stuff together but just look




Joanne made this fiber doll with metal face and hands she added. It looks good against the brick of my fireplace doesn't it? Hhmm maybe she'll live there now!





Jennifer R. created a two sided piece that can be used as an altered book page or perhaps hung as a mobile so you see both equally cool sides.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanne Huffman said...

I love seeing the variety of things people did with your kits. They really are wonderful kits :)

Joanne

Anonymous said...

The divas did great jobs with the treasure bags. What fun! Good luck with your sales.

jan

The Backporch Artessa said...

Lorri your kits are wonderful and a seem a great value for the awesome fibers & items within! I will be back to your Etsy store with the very next mad money I get! And I ADORE your indigo pieces. It really does strike me at an emotional level and I LOVE it! Good Luck with your store!