Monday, January 19, 2009

WORKSHOP WITH SHARON KILFOYLE


I met Sharon several years ago through an annual show we do with the St. Louis Weavers' Guild. Sharon is very talented and I am excited that she is coming here to stay with me so I have arranged for her to do a two day workshop on Nuno felting. Some of the info is below but if you're interested in taking the workshop email me and I'll send you the particulars and an application.

FRIDAY, MARCH 27 & SATURDAY, MARCH 28
From 10:00 – 4:00 @ Skyland Church’s Whitaker Hall, Los Gatos, CA.(in the mountains)

DESIGNING WITH SILK AND WOOL:
NUNO FELT BASICS AND BEYOND

Nuno felting is basically applying wool or other natural fibers to a sheer or fine fabric. The wool is worked into the cloth by applying water and manipulating the wool fibers into the fabric.

In this workshop you will learn how to create a delicate nuno felt fabric to use in your design work. If you have never done nuno felting before, you will discover how easy it is to create unique and original fabrics with silk and wool that drape well and satisfy the requirements of your design work. If you're familiar with nuno felting techniques, you'll have the opportunity to explore the myriad possibilities this technique provides the designer.

Basic materials will be provided, so you need not bring fabric, wool, or other preparation. If, however, you have some ideas or projects in mind, please contact me so we can prepare in advance to work on your concept.

My goal is to spend two glorious days of exploration with this medium that is so user friendly and produces such sophisticated results. Please come join us in this celebration of expression.

Here are some images of Sharon's work.




1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Boy, do I wish I didn't live 2,000 miles away!

Joanne