Saturday, July 2, 2011

Two Steps Back


I was given a good report at my last eye appointment regarding the healing of the laser that sealed the holes in my retina. I thought I could be normal again but I found out the hard way I was wrong. I could only be semi-normal. I went out and pulled some weeds and did a little pruning and tore a small hole in my retina so I was back at the doctors on thursday for a little more laser. Very disconcerting and I was lectured about what I can and can't do and this will be in effect for at least six months. sigh.

I can do a little reading/computer but no lifting, bending over, excessive up and down, aerobics and then my doctor showed she had a sense of humor and told me no rollercoasters, bungee cord jumping, rifle range shooting, or sky diving. This is going to be very hard to not be active as I usually am but I have got to take this serious.

I have some pics of more eco dyeing that I'll work on loading in the next couple of days and I am listing a few more shibori dyed ribbons on my lasfibers Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Honey from the Bee said...

Scary, Lorri! I would've thought enough time had passed, but obviously not. Trying to remember what you can't do when you're feeling fine, too - that's got to be hard.

I know you'll be careful. You'll be an expert at meditation. : )

Enjoy the 4th weekend and look forward to seeing what you do in your studio with no bending over or lifting things.

Joanne Huffman said...

Take care of your eyes and follow doctor's orders; there's plenty of time for other things later.

The Creative Beast said...

OH! I'm sorry to hear that you've had this set-back but it's lucky that you can do some things like light reading and some work on the computer, but sight is SO important for an Artist, so do keep doctors orders in mind these next 6 months! I'm sure we all want to see you create beautiful goods for along time to come =-)

I'm certainly looking forward the upcoming posts on your dyeing projects!

lynda Howells said...

so sorry to hear of your set backs and hope you are feeling a little more positive now. It is ao hard isn't it when you think you have done every thing correctly and then find it hasn't made as much progress as you hopped.xxAs artists we always seem to want to do things now but be patient a little longer and l will keep my fingers and toes crossed for youxxxAm looking forward to seeing what you do with your dyeing. Your work is always so wonderful to look atxx lynda