Sunday, June 8, 2008

Workshops planned at my studio and mountain location

A two-day workshop is in the planning stages. The dates are set! August, 24 & 25, 2008. You can take one class or both, it's optional. Cost and times will be posted along with registration information within two weeks.

Sunday August 24th I will be teaching a dye workshop at my studio located in the Santa Cruz, CA. Mountains. Students will dye various pieces of silk and cotton fabrics along with some silk ribbons. These fabrics can be incorporated into a purse/bag that DJ Pettit will be teaching on Monday the 25th at Skyland Church's Whitaker Hall (mountain location). BUT if you don't take DJ's class you will have some fabulous fabrics to use for your own art whether it be fabric collage, quilting, altered books, pillows, etc. AND if you don't take the dye class you can bring your own fabrics to DJ's class to construct your bag with.

I am so excited to be able to get DJ to come teach a class here. She is a marvelously talented person and is so sweet and attentive as a teacher. In this class students will make a bag using fabrics and collage/applique techniques and embellishing with one of DJ's original art prints on fabric. I am not going to elaborate any more on this class as DJ will be writing up it's description with in a couple of weeks. In the meantime check out her website and purse gallery!

Here are some samples of fabrics that were dyed using techniques you'll learn from the dye class and could use in constructing your bag with DJ.




This is a bag I constructed in DJ's class at Art & Soul Asilomar 2006. the image is not one of DJ's but one of my own I brought to class.


1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

If you need anyone to tell how wonderful it is to take a workshop from you and DJ, I can certainly attest to it! Wish I could be there.

Joanne