Thursday, September 1, 2011

September the month of Fall


We have had an unusual summer in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Summer arrived late on the tails of cool and very rainy weather. My garden got planted late and seemed to be reluctant to grow to fruition. But finally the tomatoes are starting to ripen, the green beans are overproducing and the lemon cucumbers are the best! I've frozen the jalapenos and chilies that are waiting to get added to the salsa I hope I can make this weekend.




I am so happy to see that we have honey bees!




I've also been busy gathering leaves, flowers, and plants to experiment with more eco print dyeing. I'm totally hooked on this but there is so much to learn! Just a few pics of the small pieces I've been trying out.



3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Cool pictures of your garden. And, I love the dying - particularly the silk on the bottom.

Fran said...

I love the photos and the eco dying process. I look forward to seeing more! :)

lynda Howells said...

l too am totally hooked on eco-dyeing and yes there is so much to learn...but stick with iot..it is SO worth it. lyndax