Monday, July 21, 2008

Beach Treasures




A box of treasures I collected on my walks along the beaches of Gualala. I posted earlier about my trip with my girlfriends Diane and Devra when they visited from Austin. I took some of these treasures, small pieces of abalone (drilled holes with a dremel)and rocks with holes worn in them by tumbling in the ocean and I used them as pendants to make my "salt sisters" each a necklace. I know my jewelry making skills are lacking but the natural beauty of the found objects makes up for it , right?!

I dyed silk grosgrain ribbon to attach the length of chain on and I wrote "salt sister" on a scrap of dyed dupioni silk to insert in the silver bezel. It was great fun making these, experimentation on my part, and I know my sisters loved them!




4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I think your necklaces are beautiful. Lucky Salt Sisters!

Joanne

Kathy McElroy said...

These are so beautiful!
I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out!

Connie said...

I think your jewelry skills are FABULOUS! The necklaces are beautiful!

jackie said...

Gorgeous and innovative necklaces!!
hugs,
jackie