Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Day After

Yesterday was long and emotional but I have to say I am so glad I went to both services. I had thought the one for Pippin would be a gut wrenching affair but in reality, even though moments of deep sadness and tears sprang forth, the service was so well done and sweet. What a gentle and inquisitive little soul he was. All who spoke were so eloquent and real and painted a picture of this young boy's life and who he was and who he was surrounded by.

At the service for the 21 year old it was so nice to see all his friends there. Most of these young people were my son's friends too and I made sure I gave each and everyone of them a big hug! We all sang along to Bob Marley's "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be alright"! This was the song his mother sang to him as a lullaby.

It was an extremely contemplative day but I got to end it at a birthday dinner party for a friend that was full of pleasant conversation, meeting some new friends, and having a nice glass of wine.

We have to appreciate everyone in our lives that we value and pay attention!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

You really ran the gamut of emotions and events. How nice that you could end the day with a birthday celebration.

Joanne