Tuesday, October 28, 2008

St. Louis

I've packed everything but my toothbrush that I'll need in the morning and then I'm flying to St. Louis for the annual Weavers' Guild show.

I really dislike packing, all the inventory for the show has to come off the hangers and be wrapped in tissue paper, then stuffed into those vacuum travel bags. I have to decide what the weather will be doing, cold, take sweaters and rain coat, boots, and a mixture of casual clothing and for wearing to the show. When I get there I will no doubt be ironing a lot. But it's all worth it when it's over.

The St. Louis guild has always made me feel welcome even though I think they secretly think I'm a little crazy. I've made some friends there and always look forward to this show. If you're in the area you have to come by!

I'll be going to Poplar Bluff for the week after the show to visit my folks and my sister will be there from Ohio too!!

My computer will be with me but not sure how much time I'll have to use it or get a connection. It may be after Nov. 8th before I get a chance to write more.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Fall weather!

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Have a wonderful time and give Jan and your floks my regards.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you in PB. Our fall weather has turned frigid. We've had snow flurries for a couple mornings now (sigh) but thankfully no accumulation.

jan