Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's About Time ........



A time to be gone and a time to come home. I always think of the Grateful Dead line "such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there". It always seems that way to me. I traveled to St. Louis and always enjoy seeing the friends I've made there at the Weavers' Guild show. Jane Glidden does an amazing job of putting this show together every year and always seems so calm! I know she doesn't do it without a lot of help from behind the scenes. Marti has the task of inputting each and every item to be sold into the computer to print out bar coded tags. You have to realize how many items are for sale here! Whew, what a job! And then there are all the worker bees who haul the props in and out and set up the displays. It truly is an amazing event!

My friend Janet is always so gracious to put me up and all the stuff I lug along with me! I have my own room at her house now. LOL! But alas she is planning to move away from St. Louis and I fear I'll be having to stay in a motel room which won't be near the fun and I doubt we'd be able to have our "pajama parties" be the same.

After the three day show I traveled 150 miles south to visit my parents and my sister who drove from Ohio to be there. I love this old photo of me and Jan in our matching dresses that our mother sewed for us.



The trees were at the peak of color and the weather couldn't have been better. Mid to high seventies, sunny, and perfect for taking walks. I took so many pictures the day my mom, sister Jan, and I went to Markham Springs on Black River. We walked on all the trails and spent most of the day there. I have culled out more than half the pictures I took and still have too many to post but I'll try to pare them down. Or I need to figure out how to put up a slide show!

I'll leave you with a few pictures until I have time to get the slide show up.




1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Welcome home (I love to go places and I love to return home)!I love the picture of you and Jan. Fall has been beautiful throughout the midwest this wear.